This was taken from their Facebook Page.
Looked like we (men) can only run if we are registered by our spouse, girlfriend or if you are the designated pacer for the lady. Meaning, you (men) will have to run with your wife, girlfriend, client (as in if you are a personal trainer) or pacee (is that such thing? :P). Entry fee is RM90 (for early bird). The race promises much goodies and fun. Karen Loh, I knew you were all along in this ;-) Nicely done.
Registration is now open at MyRaceOnline.com. If you are not a member, you will need to sign up (it's free) and you will then be allowed to register for any races hosted in the MyRaceOnline domain. Click here for the event registration.
If you are registering for your Man (spouse, pacer, trainer, brother), you will have to "sign up and pay for two" and then email the race organiser the MAN's detail and T-shirt sizing.
Below is taken from MWM Facebook page (as of Jan 7, 2013. Go like them if you have not!):
Whilst waiting for the online registration and the website release, we are gong to post details for you to know about the Malaysia Women Marathon.
Online registration will be via www. myraceonline.com
1. Venue and Date
Start and Finish Venue
I City, Shah Alam
GPS coordinates 3.064753, 101.485391? +3° 3' 53.11", +101° 29' 7.41“
Date : 7 April 2013
The Route will traverse the the city of Shah Alam. This is the capital of the state of Selangor in Malaysia and is located about 25 kilometres (16 mi) west of the country's capital, Kuala Lumpur.
The Route will take you through a majestic Blue Mosque, the Sultan of Selangor palace, 2 grand stadiums, 2 beautiful lakes, an old museum and the beautiful shell shaped Royal Theater of Selangor. Not to miss on challenges, there are lots of inclines but who says women cannot live up to challenges. The route will be measured and sanctioned by a sanctioning body in Malaysia.
Map : coming soon
2. Special Feature of the Marathon
We will have Katherine Switzer to flag off the event. She will be here to give inspirational talks and meet all the participants. We have a 2 days pre event program that will encompass from a women dialogue session of women in running where we have in the session, numerous women race directors who have organised runs of their own (some for which are ultras); to an award giving ceremony for a woman runner who has through her running injected some sense of empowerment and inspirational feature for other women to follow; and of course we are planning a fashion parade. Many more programs. Stay tuned.
3. Race Categories:
Full marathon Start Time : 430am
- Women open : age 18 – 39years old
- Women Veteran : age 40 onwards
- Couple Category - registration is done for 2 persons by the woman participant ie with 2 registration fee.
The distance for the full marathon is 42.195km and the cut off time allocated to complete the distance shall be 7 hours. Slightly challenging route but we wont be surprise to see all ladies finish before this time.
The couple category is open for women who would like a pacer who are either their husbands or their personal trainer (pacer) not being a female to run with them. She will have to register two registration under her name where her bib will be issued in a pair. There will be timing chip for both runners in this category. The male is also entitled to the race benefit other than winning prizes. They may stand a chance to win other consolidation prizes.
Half Marathon Start time : 530am
- Women open - age 16-39 years old
- Women Veteran : age 40 years old
- Couple category – registration is done for 2 persons by the woman participant ie with 2 registration fee.
The distance for the Half marathon is 21.1km and the cut off time allocated to complete this distance shall be 4 hours.
The couple category for women who would like a pacer who are either their husbands or their personal trainer (pacer) not being a female to run with them. She will register two registration under her name where her bibs will be issued in a pair. There will be timing chip for runners in this category. There will be timing chip for both runners in this category. The male is also entitled to the race benefit other than winning prizes. They may stand a chance to win other consolidation prizes.
8km fun run Start time 7am
- Women open – age 16-39 years old
- Women Veteran : age 40 years old
The Fun run distance is 8km. The runners where will be issued a bib but will not be given a timing chip. MWM will record only the top 30 runners of the 8km women open and veteran for the result list. A certificate without timing will be given at the end of the race to the runners
Full Marathon Half Marathon 8km
Bag √ √ √
Pareo √ √ √
Bib √ √ √
Timing chip √ √
E-certificate √ √
Certificate without timing √
Pendant - medal
(in a box and necklace) √ √
Finisher Tee √
Top 6 prizes √ √
Top 3 for Malaysian Women √ √
(we may increase prizes depending on sponsors' response)
Top 5 √
Entry to 2days pre event
programs during race kit
including meet the fan session
with Katherine switzer
and talks by her
and introduction of women
sport apparel brands
and award ceremony
small pasta party √ √ √
5. Registration Fees
Early bird 7 Jan- 28 Feb 2013 After 1st March 2013
Permanent residence, and
work permit, student visas RM90 RM105
Full Marathon –
Foreign passport RM180 RM200
Half Marathon RM75 RM85
Half Marathon RM145 RM160
Fun Run – 8km RM45 RM55
Fun Run- 8km RM80 RM95
6. Water Stops and medics:
There will be 16 water stops for the Full marathon. Every 2.5km.
For Half marathons, there will be 8 water stations and 2 water stops for 8km runners.
Medic station and distance markers
There will be 3-4 stations that will provide medics
Every water stops will have a distance marker.
7. Cheering Stations and Names of Miles
There will be 3 big miles named after the Sponsors
1 mile named the “Katherine Switzer Mile”
1 mile named “The Husbands Mile” - you ladies will know what this means....:)
1 mile “Sunblock Mile” - dare we tempt you to guess what happens here?
This cheering stations will be tented and supporters who have registered will be placed there with cheering aids to give the biggest cheer / scream
8. Finisher tee sizing. (the men in the couple category can you take the larger chest size please?)
DESIGN Chest size
S 34 inches
M 36 inches
L 38 inches
XL 40 inches
XXL 42 inches
XXXL 44 inches
9. Race Entry Pack Collection (REPC)– 5th and 6th April 2013
Your registration fee entitles you entry to a 2 day pre event program.
More info will be give later but for now : During REPC on the 5th and 6th April 2013, there will be pre-event programs that will include :
a. meet the fan session, dialogues with Katherine Switzer and other women race directors and running personalities,
b. fashion show on women sport apparels featuring international brands;
c. workshop for running techniques conducted by international based training groups and
d. many programs including section on raw food and natural remedies to injury.
We will let you have the schedules of the pre event program later.
10. Rules and Regulation
1. MWM 2013 is organised by Malaysia Women Marathon - Ironman Malaysia Sdn Bhd. (hereby known as the Organiser). We will work with Runners
Malaysia as technical team.
2. All prospective Participants must complete an official MWM entry form in order to participate in the race.
3. Completion of the official MWM entry form, including online registration, confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by all event Rules and Regulations. Registration for participation in the race is only confirmed upon the successful completion of the race entry form, entry fee payment and issuance of a unique race identification number.
4.Participants must complete their registration details with true, accurate and current information. Inaccurate or incomplete information can be grounds for disqualification or barring from the even with no issuance of a refund.
5. Participants must agree to receive contact from the event Organisers from time to time by email. Any notice sent by email to the supplied address on the registration form shall be deemed received by the Participant.
7.Only Participants wearing the provided timing chip will be timed and included in the final race results save for the first 30 runners for 8km.
8. Each Participant is allowed only one prize-money award. (whichever is the higher). Eg If a Malaysian woman has won a top 6 position in both Women open and Malaysian Women, she has to opt to take one prize.
The individual categories for the Full Marathon – 42.195km are:
i. Women’s Open - Top 6
ii. Malaysia Women Top 3
iii. Veteran Women Top 6
The individual prizes for Half Marathon – 21.1km are:
i. Women's Open - Top 6
ii Malaysian Women - Top 3
ii Women Veteran – Top 6
The individual prizes for 8km are:
I women open Top 5
ii women veteran Top 5
Other Awards maybe given for Best dressed Couple and Best dressed Runner.
9. Transfer of bib registration is not allowed and any substitution of runners must be with the consent of the Organiser and they will not entitled to any prizes nor other entitlement and shall assume any risk at their own expenses.
10. In addition to adhering to the event’s Rules and Regulations, Participants will be required to abide to all local laws and customs while participating in the event.
11. The Organiser will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the event baggage storage facility.
12. The Organiser also reserve the right to check any item or baggage deposited. The Organiser reserve the right to modify or substitute any of these R&Rs and/or T&Cs from time to time as they deem fit. If there is ambiguity in any of these provisions, the Organiser shall be the authority to interpret and in so doing, they will take into account the interests of all the affected Participants. Any amendments to these R&Rs and/or T&Cs will be updated on the Official Website.
13. The Organiser reserve the right to cancel or postpone MWM 2013 at any time with or without prior notice to the Participant, in which case they will make reasonable effort to inform the Participant prior to the date of the event. If the MWM 2013 has to be cancelled, there shall be no refund of fees paid and the Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused.
14. The Organisers reserve the right to amend the MWM 2013 race routes as they deem fit for the safety of the Participant and/or to prevent any potential hazards in the running of the event, at any time without prior notice to the Participant. In such cases, every effort will be made to inform the Participant prior to the day / date of the event. The Organisers shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused due to such changes.
15. Whilst reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organisers to ensure the Participants’ safety, Participants take part in MWM 2013 at their own risk and the Organisers will not be responsible or held liable for any injury or death howsoever arising from training for or during participation in MWM 2013. Participants are strongly encouraged to consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
16. Pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the race route for all categories.
17 Safety & medical
i. Participants must be physically fit and in good health to complete their chosen race distance within the designated cutoff time.
ii Participants are responsible for their own personal health insurance and wellbeing. The event Organisers assume no responsibility for any injury or damage that occurs from training, during or as a result of the event. Participants are encouraged to consult with their medical practitioner prior to the event.
iii. Participants must retire from the race immediately if asked / requested to do so by any member of the officials, medical personnel or security officers.
18. Participant information
i. By signing up for the MWM 2013, Participants agree to grant the Organisers permission to collect, analyse, or distribute any personal information regarding the event as they deem fit, including any races statistics and demographic information to be used for any future planning, data, research, marketing, and/or any other purpose.
ii The Organisers reserve the right to use any photographs, video, sound recordings, personal statements / interviews or any other media from the MWM 2013 as they deem fit, including in future marketing and commercial advertising
19. Race Entry Pack collection
i. All Participants must collect their race entry pack during the designated Race entry pack collection time period, details of which are on the Official Website. If Participants are unable to collect their race entry pack in person, another authorized person may do so for them upon informing the Organisers and/or the race registration online company via their email address.
ii. Late collection will not be entertained, and the Organisers shall not be liable for any loss or inconvenience caused due to Participants’ inability to collect their Race Kit. It is the sole responsibility of the Participant to collect their Race Kit during the collection period.
iii . Uncollected Race Kits will be deemed as unwanted, and the Organisers shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly. After registration, there will be no fee refund for Participants who do not eventually take part in the MWM 2013, for any reasons whatsoever.